Knowledge in medicine is developing at a fast pace and the latest research results are constantly flowing into clinical practice. For this reason, lifelong education is an indispensable requirement to be able to practice the medical profession with competence, this is proven in Switzerland with a credit system.
Together with the medical societies, the SIWF has regulated the principles and framework of continuing medical education in the regulations for continuous education (FBO). Thus, 50 credits of verifiable and structured continuing education and 30 credits of self-study are required annually in all specialties. Recognition of continuing education events is based on a set of criteria, and medical societies follow a checklist when deciding whether to award credits for educational events. An educational program is only awarded credits if it is in line with the objectives of the FMH's Regulations, the education programs of the societies and the requirements of the SAMW's Guidelines for Cooperation of the Medical Staff and the Industry.
Apply for credits
Please note the following criteria for awarding SSA credits
- The request must be received at least two months prior to the event.
- The event has an angiology theme.
- At least one of the referents is an angiologist.
- The request may take approximately two weeks to process.
To receive credit for specialty-specific angiology education, please complete the online checklist in its entirety.
- Checklist (German) (French)
- Please send the checklist as well as the programm of the event to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Continuing Education Ordinance (FBO) of the FMH
- Guidelines SAMS: Cooperation of the Medical Staff and the Industry
- In order to avoid administrative work, the SSA can recognize its own regular continuing education events in advance. A requirement for this is the written assurance that these courses are in line with the objectives of the FMH's regulations, the professional society's programs and that they comply with the SAMW's guidelines.
- Credits do not have to be specifically requested for internal education courses of the A and B clinics.
- Credits are only awarded for the actual duration of the training (without breaks, social program, etc.)